Aims and Ethos
Rupert House stands for excellent opportunities for all. Our happy, confident children are inspired to learn and are committed to their futures and to making a difference.
Courage: RHS pupils have the confidence to explore and take risks in their learning. They develop their own opinions and voices; they relish new areas of challenge and they learn to speak out courageously. They make thoughtful, moral choices and act with integrity.
Creativity: RHS pupils find individual ways to solve problems; they make new links between subjects and ideas; they express themselves in effective and original ways through the Arts and in all other areas of the curriculum.
Respect: RHS pupils understand the importance of showing courtesy to all; they demonstrate sportsmanship; they respect differences of opinion and celebrate diversity amongst their peers and within the wider community.
Resilience: RHS pupils show grit and determination; they manage feelings of exhilaration and disappointment and they understand that success requires perseverance. They are encouraged not to compare themselves with others but to achieve their personal best.
In partnership with parents and through our Academic, Extra-curricular and Outdoor Education programmes, we deliver:
- Excellent opportunities for each child
- High standards through inspirational lessons with specialist teachers
- Excellent pastoral care through listening to children and nurturing respectful relationships
- Creativity through teamwork and fun
- Skills in collaboration, independence, leadership and resilience
- A commitment to the community and to a wider social responsibility
We discover each child’s individual pathway and prepare them for life beyond Rupert House.