We strive to recruit the best possible teaching and support staff to drive the school forwards and ensure we continue to provide the best possible education for our pupils.
If you wish to apply for a current vacancy please download and complete the relevant application form below and return it to the school office with a covering letter to the Head.
If you have any queries regarding employment at Rupert House, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and any candidates will be required to undergo DBS checks. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
Current available positions
- Head's PA / School Secretary
- Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, efficient person. They will enjoy the bustle of school life and will be a team player with a good sense of humour.
The following provides a taste of some parts of the role, which is very varied.
Competitive salary and generous holiday allowance. Hours are 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch.
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Monday 26th November 2018.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29th November 2018.
Start date will be from January 2019.
PA to The Head
- Oversee diary appointments
- General administration: taking minutes etc
- Writing/proofreading school communications
- Weekly newsletter on mailchimp
- Termly calendar
Front of House
- First point of contact for all parents: telephone, email and face-to-face
- Help parents to understand school events, clubs and arrangements
- Welcoming visitors and prospective parents
- Send staff letters / emails to parents.
- Liaison with senior school admissions departments
- Transfer of pupil references and other paperwork
- Arrange for senior school heads to visit RHS
- Arrange tours of other schools for Head
- Update the list daily for the kitchen / staff and aftercare staff
- Monitor and oversee daily pupil registration procedures
- Fire reports
- General support with admin for staff
- Photocopying resources
- Creating programmes and invitations for events
- Keeping class lists updated
- Liaise with other support staff re Clubs, Trips etc
- Prepare appointments grids for Parents’ Evenings
- Attend Parents’ Evenings supporting the staff (9 per year)
The post holder will be highly computer-literate and will be responsible to the Bursar for the Marketing roles. They will report to the Director of Studies for maintaining and updating the iSAMS Management Information System and the School’s website and parent portal.
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Thursday 6th December 2018.
Interviews will take place on Monday 10th December 2018.
Start date will be from January 2019.
- To continue work on the implementation of the latest Marketing strategy
- To enhance the profile of the School in order to attract greater numbers of children
- To write copy for the website, print media and all forms of digital marketing
- To manage the school’s profile on social media
- To monitor commentary across social media sites
- To manage the brand guidelines for the school
- To organise events on behalf of the school within the Henley community in order to raise the profile of the school
- To liaise effectively with staff in order to generate material for copy
- To help to produce a glossy annual magazine for RHS and other branded items
- To assist the admin assistant with the weekly newsletter where required
- Ensure the website is kept up-to-date, e.g. amending staff lists and loading policies and adding weekly news updates
- Creating online forms and monitoring responses
- Liaise with the Deputy Head and then upload the School calendar prior to each term
MIS (iSAMS) Management and Maintenance
- Oversee the running and development of the MIS (iSAMS) and parent portal
- Support administrative staff, the Director of Studies and teachers in their use of the MIS (iSAMS) on a day-to-day basis