Spring and Summer Terms 2021
Type of work to be covered
- Assisting PE staff & supporting PE lessons
- Setting up and tidying away PE equipment, as directed
- walking children to and from the Games pitches & Rugby ground
- helping with Games activities and with after school sports clubs
- assisting with boys and girls games sessions
- Attending and helping with sports matches
- Supporting Games department administration
- Assisting at lunch tables
- break duties – including organising and leading games for boys and girls
- Working with individuals or small groups of children to give them extra support
- Helping to hear readers
- General classroom help
- General administration duties for School Secretary/Registrar and Teachers
- Assisting with educational trips & visits, possibly including those of a residential nature
- Assisting with additional evening and weekend school activities, as required
You will be given a timetable, which will assign you to specific teachers/year groups. This might, however, change with time depending on how the work progresses.
You will be required to work each day the school is open and potentially also 1 day after the spring term has finished, 2 days after the summer term has finished and 2 days before the start of each new term. Person specification
The successful candidate will:
- Be an enthusiastic sportsperson and passionate about the role of sport in the School
- Be a capable and confident communicator
- Have the sporting knowledge, experience and willingness to lead games and activities for boys and girls at breaktimes and during Games sessions. This will specifically include: football, rugby, cricket and hockey.
In addition they will have:
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of children.
- The ability to inspire others and lead by example
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent planning, administrative, organisational, and IT skills
- A commitment to making sport fun for all children at Rupert House
- Other interests and hobbies that it may be appropriate to utilise in school
- Experience of managing children and assisting with younger sportspeople
Hours of Work 8.00 am – 5.00 pm (and other times, as required)
Spring Term 6th January to 24th March (INSET 4th and 5th January and 25th March).
Half term 15th – 19th Febraury.
Summer Term 21st April to 8th July (INSET 19th and 20th April; and 9th and 10th July).
Half term 31st May to 4th June.
Ms Waters (Director of Studies) & Ms Nicholson (Head of Games)
Closing Date: Midday on 23rd November 2020
Please download the application form here. It should be returned it to the school office with a covering letter to the Head: email@example.com.