We strive to recruit the best possible teaching and support staff to drive the school forwards and ensure we continue to provide the best possible education for our pupils.
If you wish to apply for a current vacancy please download and complete the relevant application form below and return it to the school office with a covering letter to the Head.
If you have any queries regarding employment at Rupert House, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and any candidates will be required to undergo DBS checks. The school is an equal opportunities employer.
We currently have two vacancies:
- KS1 Teacher
- Gap Student
See below for more information and details on how to apply.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and skilled practitioner as a Year 1 Class Teacher. We are looking for someone who has:
• Sound knowledge of the Key Stage 1 curriculum
• The ability to motivate and inspire pupils
• A clear sense of purpose and high expectations
• A willingness to play a part in the extra-curricular life of the school
Applications from NQTs would be welcomed.
The school has an established induction programme.
Applications will only be accepted by completion of an application form which should be submitted with a letter of application addressed to Mr Nick Armitage, Head, Rupert House School.
Closing date for applications: Midday on 27th November 2020
Interviews: 3rd and 4th December 2020
Spring and Summer Terms 2021
Type of work to be covered
- Assisting PE staff & supporting PE lessons
- Setting up and tidying away PE equipment, as directed
- walking children to and from the Games pitches & Rugby ground
- helping with Games activities and with after school sports clubs
- assisting with boys and girls games sessions
- Attending and helping with sports matches
- Supporting Games department administration
- Assisting at lunch tables
- break duties – including organising and leading games for boys and girls
- Working with individuals or small groups of children to give them extra support
- Helping to hear readers
- General classroom help
- General administration duties for School Secretary/Registrar and Teachers
- Assisting with educational trips & visits, possibly including those of a residential nature
- Assisting with additional evening and weekend school activities, as required
You will be given a timetable, which will assign you to specific teachers/year groups. This might, however, change with time depending on how the work progresses.
You will be required to work each day the school is open and potentially also 1 day after the spring term has finished, 2 days after the summer term has finished and 2 days before the start of each new term. Person specification
The successful candidate will:
- Be an enthusiastic sportsperson and passionate about the role of sport in the School
- Be a capable and confident communicator
- Have the sporting knowledge, experience and willingness to lead games and activities for boys and girls at breaktimes and during Games sessions. This will specifically include: football, rugby, cricket and hockey.
In addition they will have:
- A genuine commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of children.
- The ability to inspire others and lead by example
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent planning, administrative, organisational, and IT skills
- A commitment to making sport fun for all children at Rupert House
- Other interests and hobbies that it may be appropriate to utilise in school
- Experience of managing children and assisting with younger sportspeople
Hours of Work 8.00 am – 5.00 pm (and other times, as required)
Spring Term 6th January to 24th March (INSET 4th and 5th January and 25th March).
Half term 15th – 19th Febraury.
Summer Term 21st April to 8th July (INSET 19th and 20th April; and 9th and 10th July).
Half term 31st May to 4th June.
Ms Waters (Director of Studies) & Ms Nicholson (Head of Games)
Closing Date: Midday on 23rd November 2020